Listed below are some key links and resources for you to visit. The following resources are provided for informational purposes only, and neither represent an endorsement by Adobe of the content found therein or an endorsement of Adobe by the publishers of such content.
Privacy seal programs
- Better Business Bureau Internet—BBBOnLine Privacy Program features verification, monitoring and review, consumer dispute resolution, a compliance seal, enforcement mechanisms and an educational component.
- CA/CPA WebTrust—The is a unique seal of assurance which has been developed jointly by the Canadian Institute of Chartered Accountants (CICA) and the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) to break down the barriers to e-commerce by assuring online customers that businesses carrying the Seal adhere to standard business and information privacy practices and controls.
- TRUSTe—A leading third party privacy certification source.
- The Platform for Privacy Preferences Project (P3P)—P3P enables web sites to express their privacy practices in a standard format that can be retrieved automatically and interpreted easily by user agents.
- W3C—This group develops common protocols that promote Internet evolution and ensure its interoperability. Services provided by the Consortium include: a repository of information about the World Wide Web for developers and users; reference code implementations to embody and promote standards; and various prototype and sample applications to demonstrate use of new technology.